TRAINING FOR A PLIABLE, YOUTHFUL AND POWERFUL CONNECTIVE TISSUE
This is for those who have successfully completed the Fascial Fitness Intro Course. Become certified as Fascial Fitness Trainer now!
“Fascia builds a body-wide tension network connecting every tissue and organ. It defines our form and enables efficient movement with fluid elegance.” Thomas W. Findley
In the Trainer Course we continue to expand the theoretical and practical exploration of fascia. We also address the latest research in three specific areas.
We will look at the lumbar dorsal fascia and its relevance to core stability and a healthy, resilient back.
We also review studies that demonstrate how tissue hydration facilitates smooth gliding between the fascial layers. Using rollers and other tools, we explore specific techniques that stimulate tissue rehydration. These results and techniques are directly relevant to sports trainers and other movement practitioners.
The third area involves research on fascia as a sensory organ. We examine the role of fascial mechanoreceptors and sensory innervation in the generation of pain, different emotional states and body awareness.
The Trainer Course adds a deeper understanding of fascia and its role in the moving body, with numerous practical exercises and potentially innovative applications for movement therapists, fitness trainers and sport coaches.
FASCIAL FITNESS COURSE CONTENTS
- Review and extension of the 4 principles of Fascial Fitness
- Further exploration of the Tensegrity Model
- Healthy fascial tone: hypertension, hypotension and “optimal” tension of well-being
- Body perception and the somatic body senses a) Proprioception b) Interoception c) Nociception
- Fascia as a sensory organ and the importance of mechanoreceptors and free nerve endings
- Proprioceptive refinement and the “water in oil” principle in myofascial pain
- Fluid dynamics and the role of water in connective tissue rehydration and health
- Specific contra-indications for the basic exercises, do’s and don’ts
- Practical guidance and extension of the 4 principles of Fascial Fitness
- Practical application of “tensegral” pretension
- Individual training recommendations, focused encouragement of one’s own embodiment
- Practical exercise sequences to stimulate the different layers of the lumbar fascia
- Adding tools’: weights, fascia rollers, various balls
- Teaching a complete sample class
- Stimulation of fascia as sensory organ: proprioceptive refinement and interoceptive awareness
- Practical component in small groups addressing specific topics, presenting information, evaluating each other’s performance and giving feedback
Teaching Units: 16 units of 45 minutes
The prerequisite for participation in Trainer Course is the participation in a Fascial Fitness Intro Course.
WHAT FOLLOWS AFTER THE TRAINER COURSE
After completing both the Intro and the Trainer Course, you will arrange a Tutoring session with an Advanced Trainer of your choice. You can find a suitable Tutoring on our website under “Course dates“. No suitable date listed? No problem. You can send a tutoring inquiry to our Advanced Trainers via an email list. Please contact our office for more info.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION AS FASCIAL FITNESS TRAINER
- Successful completion of the Intro Course and Trainer Course
- Graduation from a medical, therapeutic or trainer education program of at least 300 hours
- Participation in a Tutoring with an Advanced Trainer, including the submission of 2 exercise-videos to the Advanced Trainer.
- Application for certification via our website (processing fee € 60)
- APPLICATION: FASCIAL FITNESS TRAINER CERTIFICATION
To maintain certification an update is necessary every two years. There are three options for this:
- Designated Recertification Course
- Retake of an Intro or Trainer Course with Daniela Meinl or Divo Müller
- Online Course (COMING SOON!)
The application for re-certification can be submitted through our website:
COURSE SCHEDULE & REGISTRATION
The appropriate dates and locations for all courses can be found on this website under “Course Schedule”.
All courses are organized by the respective course instructor. On the course site, you will find a link taking you to the website of the organizer. There you will find all the details regarding the course – registration can only be done at the website of the organizer.
ALL DETAILS OF OUR COURSE SYSTEM AT A GLANCE
You will find all the details, requirements and privileges regarding all levels of our training system here. Please read these carefully. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.